Monday, January 26

Australia Day
 
Well, it's Australia Day. Probably one of the most pointless public holidays we have, really. What IS the point of it? The accolades have already been handed out. Australian Of The Year: Steve Waugh. REAL Australian Of The Year: Millsy. But I digress. How are WE going to celebrate Australia Day? Hopefully by MM, Lleyton and Aussie Kim winning the tennis, and also with this special presentation:

TOP 10 AUSTRALIAN ALBUMS....EVER

I've thought LONG and HARD about this (well kinda). Each artist is only allowed one entry each, otherwise the top 8 would of been Kylie albums. Speaking of...

1. Kylie Minogue - Rhythm Of Love
Yes, the best Australian album of all time is Rhythm Of Love! I don't care if no one agrees! At least I didn't put Body Language. Though it was close. ROL is Kylie's best work though - Step Back In Time, Better The Devil, What Do I Have To Do, and of course....One Boy Girl. Celebrate Australia day by listening to Kylie's first ever attempt to rap. Hey Yo Kylie!

2. Pete Murray - Feeler
Yes, ok, so I only got it yesterday. But it's brilliant! Honestly! It contains the official Best Song Ever, and ten other top tunes as well.




3. Delta Goodrem - Innocent Eyes
This could very well be the best debut album in history. Delta is bonza for so many reasons: Having Love Matches, being on Neighbours, and recording Lost Without You, one of the greatest songs ever. Gary Barlow and Elliot Kennedy are behind most of the songs on this album, which is why it is so excellent.


4. Darren Hayes - Spin
Underrated, is the word that comes to mind here. Darren goes and makes an almost perfect pop album, and hardly anyone cares! You're missing out if you don't own this, the 4th greatest Aussie album ever.



5. Girlfriend - Make It Come True
The Spice Girls before The Spice Girls. 'When you've got Girl Power, keep on getting offers by the hour'. This isn't quite Spiceworld, but it's definitely as good as Spice. Best song by miles: Bad Attitude.



6. Natalie Imbruglia - White Lilies Island
No one bought this either! And they should have, it's truly great, and I HATE Natalie Imbruglia. CA gave it 4 and 1/2 stars though, so I was down to the record store quicker than you can say 'But you don't even LIKE Natalie Imbruglia, dude'.



7. Dannii Minogue - Neon Nights
Even if it only had I Begin To Wonder and Vibe On on it, this would make the top ten. Yay for Dannii making a great album!




8. Amiel - Audio Out
Boy have I changed my tune on this. A month ago I said it was the 3rd worst album of 2003, and now I love it! Lovesong is without doubt the best song on it, but I actually preferred the non-swearing version that you heard on the radio. 'Stupid love song' works better than 'Fucking love song', I believe.



9. Savage Garden - Savage Garden
Darren Hayes gets around the one album only rule! Well done to him, the bonza. I think I've been giving Darren a free ride for 7 years, based on a comment he made once about liking The Spice Girls. Since then he's been alright with me. Oh yeah, this is a top album. Moon And Back RULES. Unless you're Levi.


10. Silverchair - Freak Show
I actually like all Silverchair's albums, but if I had to chose one, it would be this. Mainly for Abuse Me which was like my favourite song of 97. Then again, I haven't played this album in about 3 years, so perhaps I'm remembering it as being better than it is. I should listen to things before I include them on definitive lists...

Well, that's it. Apologies to Holly Valance and Guy Sebastian. NO apologies to Human Nature.