Thursday, November 13

TRY THIS
 


I love Pink, I love Misunderstood and I love Cameron Adams. I have CA's review of Misunderstood on my wall still, and I like to read it from time to time.

SO - I was awfully excited that Pink and Cameron would be back together today for his Try This review.

The Verdict? 3 1/2 stars. Not bad, though not as good as I thought it would be.

My Verdict? Try This is the album of all albums. I LOVE IT

CA and I also had very conflicting views on what songs were good and what weren't - It's controversial!

Anyway, here are my top 5 songs on Try This and what thoughts CA had on them:


1. LAST TO KNOW - Now this is surprising, that my favourite song on the album is one that CA didn't think much of at all. He said we 'don't really need to know about [boring subject matter of song]'. What? This song rules so much. I think it's my favourite song ever. Well, that's an exaggeration, but it is amazingly bonza. I know I'll make myself sick of it because I can't stop playing it. But till then - Greatest Song Ever.

2. LOVE SONG - I may be jumping the gun here, because I don't love it that much yet, but I know I will. It's just one of those songs I can tell I'm going to love after a couple more listens. It's very beautiful and touching. CA said it was 'powerful', so we agree on this one!

3. OH MY GOD - This is the song with Peaches. CA said that it's 'sadly, not as good as it appeared on paper'. I do agree, it had the potential to be the best song ever recorded and it comes up a bit short, but it still fucking rocks.

4. GOD IS A DJ - Yay, it's party time. CA says: 'A strange concoction of bubbling electronic funk and punk attitude'. Yes, that is true.

5. BONUS TRACK - Sorry, I've no idea what this is called, and I'm too lazy to look it up on the web. It's gotta rule for the opening line, which seems to be a message for Kylie Minogue - 'You ain't nothing but a hooker, selling your fucking soul'. CA likes this too, so I guess we're not too much in disagreement.

But whoohoo! This album is awesome. There's not a crap song in sight, and after hearing the tripe that is Body Language, Pink is my new favourite artist forever.