Friday, February 27

Courtney Vs The Vines
 


Quote Of The Week in HiT was Courtney Love talking about The Vines new single, 'Ride'. I'm not quite sure why it got QOTW, but I think it's because it's a bit non sequitur. Which is nothing unusual for Courtney. Anyway, her wisdom:

'It's a perfectly good pop song but I'm sorry, the Jet song is just so much fucking better. They look like AC/DC. It's a better song!'

Huh? Who looks like who? And I wish I knew if she meant looking like AC/DC was a good or bad thing, and why that makes your music better. Or worse. (Plus Jet and The Vines look EXACTLY the same to me.)

Anyway, that's not where this issue starts and ends. Smack bang underneath that quote is a paragraph about the new Vines album, saying it's out March 22. I'm vaguely interested, because I secretly loved Get Free and Outathaway. Emphasis on the 'vaguely' though.

However, HiT says: First single Ride is already a radio hit.

Well, I downloaded it and it SUCKED. And that's not just my opinion, it's a fact. What radio station is a 'hit' on? JJJ probably. Well I've never heard it on the radio, and never want to.

Also, the only other people on the planet who speak like Craig Nicholls are the members of The Sleepover Club. And possibly Kylie Minogue.