Saturday, April 5
 
Our Glorious Leader

I think I might have to agree with Ms. Flynn Boyle: naming Erotica the all-time greatest Madonna album is a giant call. Ace as it is, we musn't forget that Erotica features some of Madonna's nastiest work.

Michael's Track By Track Review Of Erotica (You'll Probably Skip This)

Erotica - Why she didn't replace this with the excellent remix (came free with the SEX book, and featured extra lyrics!) Erotic is beyond me, but it's ace, either way.
Fever - It's nasty. Nasty, nasty, nasty. Although I quite like the Girlie Show version (this has nothing to do with the men in boxer shorts prancing about beside her).
Bye Bye Baby - One of my favourites. Ace tune, and I love the way she sings the verses, all distorted and sexy. You can't not love the talkey bit at the end. You fucked it up. Yes, ma'am!
Deeper And Deeper - When you know the notes to sing/You can sing most anything. Despite directly quoting The Sound Of Music, this song is an ugly peice of work.
Where Life Begins - The rudeness of this song! It's ace, though. Colonel Sanders says it best/Finger licking good. Oo-er!
Bad Girl - What can't be said about Bad Girl? It's ace! Never quite understood the video, though.
Waiting - This songs only redeeming feature? Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.
Thief Of Hearts - Love it! Which leg do you want me to break? Ah, such a bitch!
Words - Not bad. Not exactly good. Just not bad.
Rain - I love the talkey bit in this song! It's alright. As Madonna ballads go, it's average, but it's good, as a song.
Why's It So Hard - As covered by The Mighty Pete Burns! I love this song. I might have loved it even more if they'd kept the Jamaican rap!
In This Life - A shining example of an ace song destroyed by messy production.
Secret Garden - This song would definately make my Top Ten Madonna Songs That Are Ace, if I could be bothered to make one.

And there you go.